Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Wedding Accessories - The Hair Comb ..

I'm so excited today because when I came home I had a parcel waiting for me.  I first thought it was my corks which I have been waiting six weeks for to arrive from Canada to finish off my place cards, and had forgotten that I'd ordered a little something from Light in the Box, an online company.

The inside of the box - isn't it pretty (my photo)

It was my beautiful sparkly hair comb which I had found for $30 on the Light in the Box website, after trailing through many eBay and Etsy stores. I was quite impressed with their service. I ordered it last week and it was estimated to arrive on the 25th, but it came early. Yay!

The pretty box to keep it in (my photo)

Close up in box (my photo)

In detail (my photo)
I'm lucky enough to have my friend staying with me and she took a photo of it in my hair. Just for those new to reading this blog, the photo with the hair comb in, is not how I'm going to have my hair, that's how I usually wear my hair when I'm kicking around the house or on my days off. Have included the one which I had taken at my make up and hair trail so you can imagine what it will look like.

Clip in my hair with everyday hairstyle (my photo)

My potential wedding day hairstyle - imagine my hair comb tucked in the side (my photo)

And it's arrived in perfect time so I can take it along to my wedding dress fitting on Friday to make sure the dress fits and is the right one before I take it home- will post about this then as I'm sure to be rather excited. Will have another fitting closer to the big day as well. I get to try it with my veil and shoes as well so I can work out whether I'm on the right track with accessorising the dress. So can't wait. It's all very exciting!


14 comments:

  1. wowwww! its very pretty! such a good price too $30!! i cant wait to see your hair with the comb on the actual day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerker, I was rather excited when arrived today and I saw it. So much better than what I thought it was going to be. :) I can't wait to see it in my hair as well. Yay!!!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I didn't know light in the box had hair combs. I will check them out as well as etsy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely check them out. As they've got specials on all sorts of things. I think my comb was supposed to be $124 but it had been marked down in their sale, (whether that was a gimmick or not to increase sales). I think its been reduced even more as when I went back to leave feedback on the page, It was $24.95, so you never know what you might find. They have a decent range as well.

      Delete
  3. Oh gorgeous! That is so exciting! I love all those sorts of online stores where you can find such bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love that! It's delicate yet still big enough to be seen and not disappear into your hair. Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is perfect, I love it!! Even better that it was a good price too. Well done... i'm so excited to see your whole wedding day come together soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I can't wait either. It's going to be so much fun :)

      Delete
  6. wow its gorgeous and what a great price!
    I'm off to check out that website to see what they have :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really gorgeous piece. I need to check out Light In The Box! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank u Hannah. Unfortunately I dont think I can use it now as it doesn't match my other accessories. but definitely check out light in the box, they are great!

      Delete