Sunday, August 05, 2012

Wedding Rings .... Mr and Mrs

We headed up to Michael Hill Jeweller yesterday as I got a phone call on Wednesday saying that my wedding band had arrived and that I had a gift voucher accompanying it. I was like what? Apparently I had been quoted the wrong price and paid the wrong price, so had a refund waiting for me which was awesome! A very nice surprise. I knew that FH was coming home so I wanted to wait till he was able to come up with me and we could choose his at the same time to save a trip to the jeweller.

The ring boxes (my photo)
The girl that had originally been working with me to find my ring (Kelly) had a day off today so she wasn't in the store but we were helped by another girl who was equally nice and was paranoid that I was going to loose my engagement ring as it is very loose at the moment. I assured her that I would be in two weeks before the wedding to get my engagement ring cleaned, replated and resized so it would look brand new again. I just don't want to take it off as it is so special.

FH had a look at the wedding bands as well as that was our main mission for today. He originally had an idea to have a tungsten ring, but when it was put on the contrast against his skin colour was quite obvious and he didn't like the look of it. So the girl showed him a few more different rings and he settled on a plain white gold 10K ring which looks really neat on his finger. I must admit I had a few butterflies when he was trying them on. It was like oh my god this is really going to happen :).

FH's 10K white gold wedding band (my photo)
And we got to my wedding band, I was petrified that it wasn't going to be the right ring especially with the price difference. I got charged $1299 originally and my ring came to $755. The lifetime warranty was also added to it and we still got a voucher for $450 which covered most of FH's ring. The girl also gave us a discount as we brought it off the counter which was an extra bonus. We got a lifetime warranty for his ring as well, seeing as it is white gold and the amount of dents that mine has in it, will be doubled because his job is hands on as well. But it was the right ring, which I was extremely stoked about. It is still just perfect! And FH likes it as well. He had only seen it in photos while he was overseas.

My wedding band (my photo)
So that is another tick in the box on the list of things to do. It only took about ten minutes for him to find a ring that he liked and that made it extremely easy. Now onto the next thing on the list .... 


8 comments:

  1. Oooh, very nice wedders! You took a lovely picture of FH's ring too with the glint of light and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Funnily enough, my husband was initially going for a white gold, then changed to tungsten last minute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha its funny how you have a picture in your head and then it looks completely different to what you thought it would be like.

      Delete
  3. Wedding ring is symbol of love, the honesty and the trust that the couple share with each other and it is a very special Jewelery.Great Blog!! That was amazing. Your thought processing is wonderful. The way you tell the thing is awesome. You are really a master....Wedding Rings Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not bad ! Those wedding bands are simply classy!! Your post can truly help those who are in search of diamond engagement rings! Much thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of your wedding bands. Yours looks very special with those multiple diamonds around it. I can just imagine how beautiful it would look, sparkling around your finger as sunlight hits all those wonderful diamonds. Do you also have a wedding ring aside from your wedding band? I’d love to see whether they match together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those rings look so pretty, especially yours. I hope they still fit you perfectly up to now. I know my greetings are way too late, but I still want to congratulate both of you. I wish you all the best in your marriage. Cheers!

    Ricky Rowe @ Find A Jewelry Expert

    ReplyDelete