I've always liked classic cars like jags and bentley's and can remember pressing my face to the window when younger watching the wedding cars go past, and going look, look, LOOK!!!! I'm not the type of girl who has had her wedding planned since age 5, and it was always if I do ever get married instead of when I get married... I'd love to have those cars...
|Courtesy of Simon Barnes Photography|
It's funny too because FH has started pointing out wedding cars when we are driving around Sydney on the weekends. I think it's rather cute and love him dearly for it. It makes me excited to think that that will be us soon when I see them. Anyway back onto the subject of picking out our wedding cars.
I was lucky enough because FH likes the classic type of car as well and when discussing what we liked for cars, we thought that this would be the way to go. So I started googling Bentley and Jaguars car companies. I came across this link from Cavanagh Photography which details how to choose your wedding cars and I think it is rather helpful, especially when looking at things like the interior quality, whether you can get in and out of the car in your big dress if you are having one, and whether they have a wet weather or breakdown back up plan.
We went and visited a few car companies:
- Wedding cars of Distinction (beautiful family owned business - referred by work mate who used them for her wedding)
- Able Classic Wedding Cars (run by a lovely man with a few select cars)
- Wedding Car King (gorgeous cars but not the style we wanted)
- Silver Cloud Wedding Cars (heaps of beautifully maintained cars)
|Bentley car in middle (my photo)|
|Mark 5 Jag (my photo)|
FH absolutely loves the Mark 5 Jags so we compromised and got two Mark 5 Jags and the Bentley (for me and FH) as the dress was to be considered and I could get in and out of the Bentley quite easy, the Jags were a bit more tight. They are absolutely stunning cars and the package was really affordable. We also had a getaway car included in the package, depending on which hotel we were going to stay at (i.e one of them is within walking distance from the reception). We were also looking for black and silver cars as our theme is black and white with a touch of red and silver. So they fit our theme perfectly.
The package includes for $2470:
- x1 Mark 6 Bentley and x2 Mark 5 Jags for 4 hours
- x1 Mark 5 Jag getaway car
- Professionally chauffers attired and attentive to your every need
- Cars adorned with white satin ribbons, with alternative colours also available
- Red carpet option is available upon request
- Large umbrellas are provided for both rain and shine
Complimentary beverages are provided including Champagne, Coca Cola, Lemonade and Mineral Water
- Complimentary Canapés are also provided, including Gourmet Cheese & Crackers, Cashews
or Mixed Nuts, Dried Fruit and Fresh Seasonal Fruit.
Here's a few photos I found of the Wedding Cars of Distinction Cars on the internet. So pretty!!!
|Photos from Stylemepretty.com|