|Credit to Robyn Pattison|
There are many different types of celebrants out there, and it is rather hard to decide who you would like to conduct your ceremony. Here's a good link with some questions that you should ask yourself and the celebrant when looking for one. We visited a few big expos to look for celebrants and noticed that the expos are jam packed with photographers but hardly any celebrants. I decided to check out some of the smaller expos held in parramatta, sutherland and the stamford plaza near the airport and we found a better selection of celebrants.
|Natasha Hill - Celebrant|
We made met Natasha in a coffee shop near where she lived. This was a slight mission for me as it involved me driving on one of the big highways in north sydney (I'm on my red p's, slightly scared of highways and FH's ankle was still in plaster). But it turned out to be a very enjoyable experience. She asked many questions and seemed very warm and enthusiatic about her job.She's recently entered the celebrant profession and is lovely to deal with. She had a nice covered registry table with two chairs as well which came with the package. We left the appointment with a good vibe which was nice.
|Linda Marsden - Celebrant|
So we had an important decision deciding between the two of them. I left it a few days and then asked FH which one he liked the most and it turned out that he was liking the same one as me.... Natasha! So that was a relatively easy decision to make between the two of us. It also helped that Natasha's table fitted nicely into our theme and she also fitted into our budget well.
Natasha's Package includes:
|Credit to Natasha Hill|
- Various correspondence - by either phone or email
- Meetings to discuss the day
- Advice in relation to the order of ceremony, vows, reading and rituals
- discussion on the availability of relationship education services
- through explanation, preparation and correct lodgement of all legal documents
- a Newlywed Name Change Kit
- an on site rehersal, in preparation for your ceremony
- your ceremony
- a personal PA system to ensure your ceremony is auidble to all of your guests
- a signing table and chairs with crisp white covers, coloured chair sashes and decorations
- all expenses in relation to travel in and around the Sydney Metropolitan area only. Travel outside of this area will incur additional costs.
|Credit to Natasha Hill|
It's going to be interesting planning our ceremony and vows. I don't think we will make our own vows, probably something traditional but maybe incorporating the words - for better or broken, a running joke between FH and I ever since he broke his ankle.
I've liked Natasha's facebook page and it is fantastic to see the weddings that she does. It makes me happy to see that we've definitely made the right choice of a celebrant!