Thursday, April 19, 2012

About to leave NZ .. some tears

I'm sitting at Wellington Airport waiting for the international departures door to open so I can go in and start shopping up a storm at Duty Free. I'm in the market for a nice groom's watch, so I thought I'd have a look while I'm at it and see what I can find. I'm writing this as the little domestic Air New Zealand planes zoom by amongst the puddles with a balmy temperature of 13 degrees. It was raining when I got off the plane and it keeps spitting some out every now and then. Glad I'm inside I can say. I've had sunshine for all my other days while here, so I guess a little bit of rain won't melt me...

Credit to Wellington Airport

I've had a fantastic time here, back home but its good to know I'm leaving to come back to my other home in Sydney. I hung out with my little niece, Kate and nephew, Jack. I can't believe how much they have grown. I had a OMG moment when i arrived at Palmerston North airport and they were all waiting for me. Kate, is very much a girly girl which is great cause I spoiled her rotten buying little pink skirts and feather boas. And Jack pretty much hates going into the clothing shops as he prefers to be running around outside with his toys and teeny tiny motorbike on the farm. Rather gorgeous to see. Will post some photos when I get home as it's rather expensive to transfer photos from Drop box on your phone when you are global roaming and forgot to bring the USB cable. 

I found it wasn't too hard to leave this time as I knew that most of my family would be coming over to Sydney in October for the wedding, so it wasn't that bad. The only tears were when I walked out of the airport terminal in Palmerston North, leaving my grandma behind. She's great! I dragged her all around the shops looking for jewellery and mother of the bride clothes for her but we didn't really find anything, so I've told my sister to take her shopping in August and September when all the summer stuff comes back into the shops again, as all that there is at the moment is pretty much winter clothes in the stores here.

Any ways .. will post more when I get home with photos of my family and things we got up too.. It was great to catch up on everyone's posts while I'm waiting. Have missed reading them all as I've had no internet reception which was nice but also crap. Will be so happy when I get into my car and pick up my kitty cat and head home to my nice clean house in the apparently flooded Sydney suburbs. 

Hope you've all had a nice week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment