Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bridesmaids ... The dresses have been picked up!

I have had the most fabulous day today. A, one of my bridesmaid's and I went to the place where I'd purchased the girls dresses from - Exclusively Bridesmaids in Miranda. My MOH L wasn't able to come along as her shifts had been changed but it was all good. 

Credit courtesy of Wedding Bee

A tried her dress on and it was perfect. We had extra length added to the bottom of them as all three girls are tall and it fits perfectly. She just looked amazing in it. I was so happy. I checked out the other two dresses to make sure they were ok before I took them with me and they were thank god. We had one of the halter neck loop hole attachment thing's fixed on A's dress as it was more of a knot than a hole and then we were out of the shop with them. They come in their very own protective bag to keep them safe and are now hanging off the back of the study door, where my wedding dress was hanging. That's now been safely stored at my SIL's apartment so FH can't peek at it when he gets home. I've been looking at some personalised coat hangers on Etsy which I think will be a nice touch for the girl's and they can keep them as a memory of our hopefully fun day :)

The Dress bags hanging in the store (my photo)
The best thing is A's dress doesn't need alterations which is great. It fits so perfectly. I'm hoping the rest of the dresses fit L and my sister just as well. I'll have to package up my sister's one carefully and send it home to her in NZ so she can try it on and get it altered if need be. I so hope she likes it. So all my three girls now have their very own stunning Henry Roth gown. Very very pretty dresses. 

All the girls have to do now is pick out a hair style that they like for the day and wear their own pair of black shoes. I figured it's good to give them some choice as I don't want to pick something that they don't like or doesn't suit them and it's always a good idea to wear tried and true heels. 
 
Sneak peak of the pretty crystal buckle on the dresses (my photo)
Seeing as A had the rest of the day off and I'm currently on annual leave (getting ready for when FH comes home), we decided to head up to the Miranda Westfield and see if a movie was on. And there was one - The Dark Knight Rises. The timing was a bit longer than what I expected, so I rang up my beauty therapist to see if I could push back my eyebrow wax to a bit later in the afternoon (as I'd booked it earlier that morning and the movie time ran over, not giving me time to get there). So that was ok and we decided to go ahead with the movie. 

Before the movie, we had lunch from the new Dumpling Bar in the Miranda Westfield and the food was fantastic. We had mixed dumplings each and a spring onion crepe which we shared between us. They are located just near the stairs where you go down to the movies in the Westfield and are very affordable. I think our meal cost us $28 which is pretty good for the Westfield pricing. And boy was it filling but we still kept a smidgen of room left for a Choc top and popcorn. 

I thoroughly recommend the Dark Knight Rises. It took a wee while for me to get into it, as its been ages since I've seen any of the new batman movies. Rotten Tomatoes described it as:

"It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act. But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.. -- (C) Warner Bros."

But boy were the actor's and actresses fantastic. 

Anne Hathaway as Cat woman
The Stunning Cat woman
Anne Hathaway plays an amazing Cat woman. She is very seductive and dark at the same time and boy does she have some high heels. I had to laugh when she hopped onto Batman's bike and was able to ride it in them. Very impressive!


Batman
Christain Bale fulfils his role as a very dark and hot Batman in his lovely Batman suit which has the ability to disarm all tanks and weapons which is very impressive at the push of a button on his belt.

Bruce Wayne and Alfred
And looks rather dishelved at the beginning of the movie with his long beard and dressing gown but is encouraged by his trusty butler, Alfred, played brilliantly by Michael Caine to get on with life and get out of his rut. Alfred nearly had me in tears at one stage, very very awesum acting on his behalf.

Mr Fox
Morgan Freeman excels once again with his role as Mr Fox, fantastic actor and plays his part extremely well. Supplier of all things commissioned from the army, and comes up with a very interesting addition to Batman's fleet of vehicles.

Blake
Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a fantastic Blake, who starts as a young police officer and has you oohing and ahhing if you like a guy in uniform.

I won't give away any more info as you need to go and watch this movie. It is fantastic!!! The whole movie sucks you in and makes you gasp and cry at the same time. Definitely a great action movie and I'd probably rate it above 8/10. I have a funny feeling there will be another one in the pipeline as well as I don't think Batman will ever end :)

So I had a pretty good day, put some more money on my Hair Extensions for the wedding which I have on lay by at the Hair Warehouse in Miranda Westfield as they are rather pricey and seeing as I don't need them straight away the option of lay by has worked out perfectly. And got my eye brows waxed which needed some long due attention. Getting myself all pretty for FH again :)




2 comments:

  1. Yay for the dresses! So good that it fitted A perfectly. Henry Roth has some beautiful gowns.

    I soo agree on The Dark Night Rises, I loved it! Anne Hathaway was amazing! So many talented actors & actresses. The funny bits were a nice change of pace too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats so exciting that they are all ready to go now for the big day! Getting so close now :)

    I don't even remember the last batman movie, was it the one with Heath Ledger? Sounds like i'll have to go and check it out!

    ReplyDelete